Applying to the
Master of Engineering Program
Apply to the Master of Engineering program
The applications for Fall 2024 will open in early October. Join our mailing list to be notified when applications open and for more information on how to schedule a one on one consultation to discuss you application.
- Online application (https://apply.grad.uci.edu/apply/)
- GRE score (Waived for Fall 2024)
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or similar
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal History statement is optional, but encouraged if interested in scholarships
- Video Portfolio: Answer three provided questions
- University transcripts from every college attended by the applicant (unofficial acceptable for application)
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS score (if applicable)
Industry experience in engineering or computer science related field is encouraged but not required.
The M.Eng Program offers fellowships to top applicants. They are merit-based and are awarded at the time of admission. There is no separate application process. All candidates are considered for fellowships based on your application. In general, applying early maximizes the chances of receiving a fellowship.
The M.Eng program fee can be found on the Registrars site at: https://reg.uci.edu/fees/2022-2023/engineering.pdf
M.Eng program fees are the same for all students: California residents, US citizens, and non-US citizens.
* Tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the Academic Year.
Applications are submitted online and are processed on a rolling admissions basis. Below are the dates and deadlines for our application cycle for students interested in beginning study in Fall 2024.
|October, 2023||Online Application Becomes Available|
|December 15, 2023||Priority deadline to submit application to be considered for scholarships|
|May 15, 2024||Final Application Deadline*|
|July 1, 2024||Admissions Decision Deadline|
|September TBD, 2024||Mandatory Orientations|
|September 23, 2024||Fall Quarter Begins (Classes begin on September 26th)|
Applicants who have already submitted their application can check their status on their application status page.
*Applications will be accepted on a space available basis after May 15th. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Note: If you are an international applicant, we encourage you to apply early to allow sufficient time to obtain your student visa. Allow 4-6 weeks for the University to process visa related paperwork.
Program fees include the following:
- Program fees
- Capstone Project
- Career Services
- Networking events
- Co-curricular events
Contact us for more information or set up a one-on-one consultation.