Applying to the
Master of Engineering Program
Apply to the Master of Engineering program
The applications for Fall 2021 is now open! Priority scholarship deadline is December 15, 2020.
Final deadline May 15, 2021.
See the timeline below for other milestones.
- Online application (https://apply.grad.uci.edu/apply/)
- Application fee (https://www.grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/application-fee-information.php)
- GRE score (Waived for Fall 2021)*
- TOEFL or IELTS score (if applicable)
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or similar
- Statement of Purpose (Personal History statement is optional. We do encourage students interested in scholarship opportunities to complete.)
- University transcripts from every college attended by the applicant (unofficial acceptable for application)
- Three letters of recommendation
Industry experience in engineering or computer science related field is preferred
Applications are submitted online and are processed on a rolling admissions basis. Below are target deadlines to assist you in application planning.
|September, 2020||Online Application Becomes Available|
|December 15, 2020||Priority deadline to submit application to be considered for scholarships|
|May 15, 2021||Final Application Deadline*|
|August 1, 2021||Admissions Decision Deadline|
|September, 2021||Mandatory Orientations|
|September 20, 2021||
*Applications will be accepted on a space available basis after May 15th.
Note: If you are an international applicant, we encourage you to apply early to allow sufficient time to obtain your student visa.
The M.Eng program fee for the 2020-2021 is $14,000 a quarter ($42,000 for the program) and does not include compulsory campus-based fees and the mandatory student health insurance fee.
The program fees for the M.Eng Program are the same for all students: California residents, US citizens and non-US citizens.
*Some or all instruction for all or part of 2020-21 Academic Year may be delivered remotely. Tuition and mandatory fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the Academic Year.
The M.Eng Program offers scholarships to top applicants. Scholarships are merit-based and are awarded at the time of admission. There is no separate application process. All candidates are considered for scholarships based on your application. In general, applying early maximizes the chances of receiving a scholarship.
Program fees include the following:
- Program fees
- Career Services
- Networking events
- Co-curricular events
Contact us for more information or set up a one-on-one consultation.