Master of Engineering (M.Eng)
The UCI Samueli School of Engineering’s Master of Engineering program goes beyond technical training and prepares its graduates for employment in industry and equips students to maximize career opportunities as technical leaders.
In addition to advanced specialized technical training, the UCI M.Eng program focuses on engineering leadership and entrepreneurship, applicable hands-on learning, and team-oriented capstone projects. The program prepares students to become leaders, whether technical managers in large companies or entrepreneurs starting their own enterprises.
- The program is focused on preparing graduates for employment and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- This full time, 3 quarter program is recommended for early to mid-career professionals or new graduates wishing to expand their technical expertise and deepen industry knowledge.
- M.Eng curriculum is designed to develop technical managers with a greater understanding of their corporation.
- The M.Eng career center supports students though seminars, workshops, speakers, and individual appointments giving teaching skills to leverage their degree.
The M.Eng Difference
- This program features leadership training that sharpens students workplace skills and provides basic knowledge of product innovation, development, and launch.
- M.Eng students acquire integrative knowledge of systems, as well as hands-on knowledge and experience immediately applicable to industry.
- Professional skill assessment badges allow students to immediately show employers they have the specific skills they’re looking for!
- The Capstone Project provides an opportunity to address real-life problems with faculty and industry partners, while strengthening managing skills and team based leadership.
We offer many concentrations to choose from. Click on an image below to learn more information.
Why Choose Us?
Why Choose Samueli School of Engineering?
Our faculty members are scholars and leaders in their disciplines and have achieved worldwide honors and recognition for their pioneering research and dedicated teaching. Nearly a third are fellows in professional societies, and 14 are members of the National Academy of Engineering. The school has eight endowed chairs, eight Distinguished Professors and four Chancellor’s Professors.
Why Choose UCI?
The University of California, Irvine is located in heart of Southern California, with an average of 281 days of sunshine per year!
We are surrounded by global and national companies, such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Broadcomm, Blizzard, Edwards Life Science, and many fast growing startups in Southern California.
We also have a vast alumni network and resources to help you apply for venture capital like The Cove.
Applications for Fall 2022 are Open!
Click here to get started and learn more!
2022-2023 instruction update:
Students have questions about campus plans for the 2022-2023 academic school year. We wish to share information with you as proactively as possible while we carefully observe the progress of the current pandemic. We encourage you to review the campus’ Covid-19 Response Center for the most up to date information. The University of California as a whole system, plans to be primarily-in person instruction. This plan is subject to change, based on changing variables. What this means for individual courses instructional format (e.g., remote, in-person, or hybrid) and co-curricular activities (such as career workshops and networking events) is currently under review. The M.Eng program will optimize your on-campus experiences, while adhering to health/safety requirements. We will plan instructional and extracurricular activities that offer the greatest benefit to MEng students.