Welcome to UCI Master of Engineering Program – Class of 2024!
ZOT! ZOT! ZOT! Welcome to the University of California Irvine, Master of Engineering program. Congratulations on your admission and taking the first steps on furthering your education and accelerating your career.
Please carefully review the information on this page and the Graduate Division Checklist linked below. Be sure to mark your calendars and attend the virtual events listed below and do not hesitate to contact us. Our staff is here to answer your questions and offer advice. General questions can be sent to Jean Macneil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events and Reminders:
- March 15, 12:00pm PST (virtual) – Admitted Students Reception: We will be hosting a Virtual Reception and Q&A Sessions with student affairs, faculty, concentration directors, current students, and other campus staff. Review Recording Here
- August 30, 12:00pm PDT (virtual) – Cover Letters, Resume, and Interview Accomplishments: We will be hosting the first career launch session to help prepare you for the job search process (see details below)
- September 10 (individual task) – Assess Your CliftonStrengths (see details below)
- September 15 – Fee Payment Deadline
- September 18 (individual task) – Explore Companies (see details below)
- September 27, Time TBD (in-person) – M.Eng New Student Orientation: We will be hosting the mandatory orientation so that you can prepare for this program by hearing from student services, career services, faculty, and students/alumni.
- September 28 – First Day of Classes
Notification of Admissions Decision:
Once you have received both notifications of admissions, please take time to review the action items below.
- Complete Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) –you will receive a specific link.
- Pay Deposit – the $500 non-refundable deposit will be applied directly to your program fee in Fall if you matriculate. If you elect not to enroll in the M.Eng program, this amount is forfeited.
- Complete Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) – once you SIR Yes, you will receive more information.
- Activate UCInetID
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS – Complete the I-20/DS-2019 Request for New Graduate Student Form – complete and submit packet to email@example.com immediately upon SIR and deposit submission.
- Submit Proof of Vaccinations – review university policy and upload required documents on the Student Health portal.
- Clear Provisional Admissions – once your bachelor’s degree is posted on your transcript, send official transcripts to Graduate Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail.
- Pay Fees by September 15
Summer PRoSeminar Details
Part of this program will offer you career readiness via ProSeminar and other opportunities throughout the year. To help prepare you for the launch of the ProSeminar session, there will be summer tasks provided to you over the summer months.
Please review email sent from Debbie Lewis on June 26. For any questions about these details, please contact Debbie (email@example.com). If you cannot attend the virtual session, please notify Debbie prior to the event for other arrangements.
- Cover Letters, Resume & Interview Accomplishments (virtual) – August 30 @12pm PDT
- RSVP: link to register (advance registration is required to attend)
- Be sure to update your resume prior to this session to be ready for small group discussions so have access to camera, microphone and documents related to the session.
- Assess Your CliftonStrengths (all students) – Complete by September 10
- Complete a 60-90 minute assessment to help you discover your greatest strengths and explore their personal and professional meaning to you.
- To obtain the access code for this assessment, please be sure to submit SIR and deposit; individual code will be emailed to you.
- Proof of completion: Email Debbie a list of your top 5 strengths and one benefit of each strength.
- Additional resources will be provided during Fall ProSeminar.
- Explore Companies (international students required; domestic students recommended) – Complete by September 18
- Search for potential employers and learn more about the company via internet search, LinkedIn, etc.
- Proof of completion: Email Debbie a list of your top 5 companies and specific jobs of interest.
Fall 2023 Enrollment and 2023-2024 Concentration Roadmaps:
Review the roadmap for your concentration here (link). Please note that they are subject to change.
Email Jean Macneil (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information for Fall 2023 enrollment by August 1.
- Full Name
- Student ID (numerical)
- Concentration (BME, EECS, or MAE)
- Fall 2023 Elective Choices