Welcome to UCI Master of Engineering Program- Class of 2023!
ZOT! ZOT! ZOT! Welcome to the University of California Irvine, Master of Engineering program. We want to congratulate you on your admission and taking the first steps on furthering your education and accelerating your career.
Please carefully review the information on this page and the Graduate Division Checklist linked below. Deadlines are quickly approaching, so do not delay in addressing action items. Be sure to mark your calendars and attend the virtual events listed below and do not hesitate to contact us. Our staff is here to answer your questions and offer advice. General questions can be sent to Gradengr@uci.edu.
– 2022 Capstone Showcase: June 3, 2:00-5:00pm (in person): We invite you to join our Master of Engineering students, faculty, and industry partners at the 2022 M.Eng Capstone Project Showcase. Featuring interdisciplinary teams of biomedical, electrical, and mechanical engineers, students will display their projects though presentations and demonstrations. Registration link are below. Please RSVP by May 30th. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Etf520i5AP_mwllp_wlUtliYxcb8bG4ffK9PmIIst-o/viewform?edit_requested=true
– Admitted Students Reception: March 29th, 12:00pm-2:00pm (virtual): We will be hosting a Virtual Reception and Q&A Sessions with student affairs, faculty, concentration directors, current students, and other campus staff. More information will be shared via this website and email.
RSVP Here: https://uci.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYof-qgrDouGdeWUOpfRD6QBu-8-uk0989z
– See below for Summer Career Center Sessions on June 22, July 20, and August 24
– Mandatory New Student Orientation: September TBD. This will be held in person on campus.
2022-2023 instruction update:
Students have questions about campus plans for the 2022-2023 academic school year. We wish to share information with you as proactively as possible while we carefully observe the progress of the current pandemic. We encourage you to review the campus’ Covid-19 Response Center for the most up to date information. The University of California as a whole system, plans to be primarily-in person instruction. This plan is subject to change, based on changing variables. What this means for individual courses instructional format (e.g., remote, in-person, or hybrid) and co-curricular activities (such as career workshops and networking events) is currently under review. The M.Eng program will optimize your on-campus experiences, while adhering to health/safety requirements. We will plan instructional and extracurricular activities that offer the greatest benefit to MEng students.
Notification of Admissions Decision
Admission notification is a two-step process. You will receive 1) a letter from the academic unit 2) an e-mail notification from the Graduate Division. You must receive both notifications to be officially admitted to UC Irvine.
Applicants who have already submitted their application can check their status on their application status page.
Once you have received both communications, please take time to review the Graduate Division Pre-Arrival Checklists: https://grad.uci.edu/current-students/admitted-student-checklists/. Below are some important action items:
- Complete Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) Online:
- When you are admitted, Graduate Division will send you a link to complete the SIR online. You must complete this process to indicate you are accepting your offer of admission to UCIrvine.
- Pay Deposit:
- Pay the $500 non-refundable deposit. When you matriculate, this amount will be directly credited towards you fall tuition and fees. If you elect to not enroll in the UCI M.Eng program, this amount is forfeited.
- Complete Statement of Legal Residence (SLR):
- You should complete the Statement of Legal Residence after completing the SIR.
- Activate UCInetID:
- Request Official Transcript with Bachelor’s Degree Posted to Clear Provisional Admission:
In addition to the above action items, please review and complete the below steps:
- Become Familiar with the UCI International Center Services and Programs
- Complete the I-20/DS-2019 Request for New Graduate Students Form
- After receiving admission to UCI, complete the New Graduate Student Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do this immediately after you have completed your SIR and paid your deposit. Make sure this form is submitted no later than May 1, 2022.
- Pay the SEVIS fee after you receive I-20 or DS-2019
- The SEVIS fee is paid by F-1/J-1 students and scholars to cover the cost of operation of SEVIS and is paid directly to the U.S. government.
- Schedule Your Visa Interview and Apply for a Visa
The Master of Engineering program hosts a mandatory program Orientation the week before Fall 2022 classes start. This full day event will be held on campus. Student will have an opportunity to meet their cohort, professors, and program staff. M.Eng policies, roadmaps, and courses will be reviewed in addition to introductions to your Engineering Leadership & Entrepreneurship course and Capstone Projects.
More information about this event, including date, time and location, will be provided via this page by June 1st.
Career readiness is a fundamental part of the UCI M.Eng program. As such, your career services begin Now! There will be three required virtual sessions over the summer. Students must RSVP for each of the events to receive the. See below for details. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Assess Your Strengths Assessment and Related Jobs
Resumes and Interview Accomplishments
Networking in Job Search and Meeting New Colleagues