Master of Engineering (M.Eng)
A Master’s degree gives students the opportunity to gain a deeper technical understanding in the subject they chose. The UCI Samueli School’s Master of Engineering program goes beyond technical training and prepares its graduates for employment in industry and maximizes career opportunities.
In addition to advanced specialized training, the program focusing on engineering leadership and team-oriented capstone projects, accelerating students potential in industries such as electronics, aerospace, automotive, biomedical, manufacturing, robotics, security, defense, and construction.
It prepares students to become leaders, whether technical managers in large companies or entrepreneurs starting their own enterprises.
- The program is focused on preparing graduates for employment and entrepreneurship through leadership training.
- Curriculum designed to develop technical managers in large companies and entrepreneurs launching their own enterprises.
- M.Eng specialized, dedicated career center supports students though seminar classes, workshops, and one on one appointments.
The M.Eng Difference
- This program features entrepreneurship and leadership training that sharpens students workplace skills and provides basic knowledge of product conception, development and launch.
- Our program requires students to acquire integrative knowledge of systems, as well as hands-on knowledge and experience.
- The Capstone Project provides an opportunity to work on real-life problems with faculty and industry partners.
We offer many concentrations to choose from. Click on an image below to learn more information.
Focus areas include:Digital and Image Processing and High-speed Communications.
This program consists of
- 6 technical courses
- 3 leadership courses
- 8 units of Capstone Project
- Hands-on project with industry and faculty
- No thesis or field examination!
This is a full time program that is recommended for early to mid-career professionals or new graduates wishing to expand their expertise to advanced levels!
Why Choose Us?
Why Choose Samueli School of Engineering?
Our faculty members are scholars and leaders in their disciplines and have achieved worldwide honors and recognition for their pioneering research and dedicated teaching. Nearly a third are fellows in professional societies, and 14 are members of the National Academy of Engineering. The school has eight endowed chairs, eight Distinguished Professors and four Chancellor’s Professors.
Why Choose UCI?
The University of California, Irvine is located in heart of Southern California, with an average of 281 days of sunshine per year!
We are surrounded by global and national companies, such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Broadcomm, Blizzard, Edwards Life Science, and many fast growing startups in Southern California.
We also have a vast alumni network and resources to help you apply for venture capital like The Cove.
Applications for Fall 2020 will open on September 3rd, 2019.
Click here to get started and learn more!
Meet the admissions staff at a local Graduate Fair or Information Session
Contact us for more information or set up a one-on-one consultation.